[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10199: Show level links in IRRE only once if no related records, even if levelLinksPosition is set to 'both'

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Mon Jan 26 17:32:41 CET 2009

Hi Olly,

On 22.01.2009 18:48 Oliver Hader wrote:
>> Thanks for the patch. But if you set 'levelLinksPosition' to 'bottom'
>> then no "create new record" link will be shown...

I see, appended new patch v3 fixes this.
Comments are welcome.

>> The 'levelLinksPosition' appearance is there since TYPO3 4.1 - I'd say,
>> that this is a bugfix that should also be applied to the TYPO3_4-2 branch.

According to the latest security bulletin, 4.1 has the same patch policy
as 4.2:
http://typo3.org/teams/security/security-bulletins/typo3-sa-2009-001/
Shouldn't we apply this to trunk, 4_2 *and* 4_1?

If so, what's the prefered version to build the patch against? trunk?

> Another thing should be mentioned:
> The bottom link should be shown dynamically, when one child record was
> created dynamically via AJAX. Thus, this issue has to be handled also in
> JavaScript.

Ah, I see.
Can you give me a hint where to fix this?
I am not familiar with the JS stuff in TYPO3.

--
cheers,
Steffen

http://www.t3node.com/