[TYPO3-core] SVN and Forge currently offline

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Sun Jan 25 10:35:21 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

I have done a routine maintenance of forge this night, which involved
stopping and starting the rails/redmine services. I thought that there
not too much can go wrong, but I was wrong.

Somehow, as soon as rails got requests, it blocked the whole server with
IO load and many httpd processes got spawned - effectively taking down
the server.
I wanted to reboot, but the server is now caught somewhere between
starting the reboot and finishing it - thus, it is not available.

I'm really sorry for the issue - punkt.de is informed, and I hope they
will reboot the server physically as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconveniences,
Sebastian

PS: If someone might have experienced this before, please contact me!
I'd be happy for any help and ideas!