[TYPO3-core] RFC #10231: Bug: split() is deprecated in PHP 5.3 (second version)

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jan 23 08:09:46 CET 2009

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> it's true that we do not "support" it, but as soon php 5.3 will be
> released we should be ensure that TYPO3 runs under 5.3 without problems.
>
> The problem with these split/ergs is that there are warnings thrown that
> are indepentent from error_level. I tried TYPO3 with 5.3, and eg list
> module wasn't accessible as there are too much warnings printed out.

After all recent problems with releases we should have test cases for such replacement. I do not want to have any more problems like we have now. The patch is not tested on PHP4/TYPO3_v4. We may not just commit it and hope for the best. It is bad for the TYPO3 reputation.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team