[TYPO3-core] RFC #10231: Bug: split() is deprecated in PHP 5.3 (second version)

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jan 22 23:01:42 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>> Problem:
>> split() is marked deprecated in PHP 5.3 and thus PHP issues a warning
>> message.
>
> Side note: we do not support PHP 5.3 at the moment. I am not sure why we should apply this potentially dangerous patch now. We already had some problems with similar fixes (str_ireplace, etc).

it's true that we do not "support" it, but as soon php 5.3 will be
released we should be ensure that TYPO3 runs under 5.3 without problems.

The problem with these split/ergs is that there are warnings thrown that
are indepentent from error_level. I tried TYPO3 with 5.3, and eg list
module wasn't accessible as there are too much warnings printed out.

vg Steffen