[TYPO3-core] FYI: Added feature #10219: htmlArea RTE: Clean up unused localization files

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Jan 23 03:47:29 CET 2009

Hi Stanislas.

Stanislas Rolland wrote:
> FYI: The attached SVN patch was committed.
>
> Type:
> Feature/cleanup
>
> Problem:
> The RTE configuration script requires every plugin to have a
> locallang.xml file, even if it is not really used and contains no label.
>
> Solution:
> The attached patch removes this requirement and cleans up some unused
> localization files.
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10219
>
> Branches:
> trunk (revision 4812)

This commit broke my rte, its hanging in "The editor is being loaded.
Please wait..." forever. If I switch back to trunk revision 4811, its

I already cleared RTE cache (thanks to this new option!)

This does not happen on my stripped down trunk installation. The bug is
only triggered on my real-life "upgraded a big installation from 4.2 to
trunk" installation, which includes "de" as an additional backend
language and some RTE configuration.

How can I help to track this down?

Thanks
Christian