[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #10212: Missing files in sysext install

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Thu Jan 22 20:05:47 CET 2009

Hi Marcus,

Marcus Krause schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: bugfix
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10212
>
> Problem:
> Files typo3/sysext/install/mod/class.tx_install_eid.php and
> typo3/sysext/install/mod/install.js
> are missing. They have been forgotten when #10154 was committed.
>
> Solution:
> Put missing files in place.
>
> Notes:
> This is a follow up to #0010154.

As already discussed with you via Skype, I don't see an advantage in
using an AJAX call to fetch encryption keys. It would have been possible
to deliver e.g. 20 (or more) random encryption keys when the install
tool was called and then select one out of them when the "Generate
random key" buttons gets clicked - this makes the AJAX handler obsolete.

However, it was committed to the other branches like this already and I
don't want to start and endless discussion about the pros and cons now.

+1 on reading and testing

olly
--
Oliver Hader