[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10118: Make pi_wrapInBaseClass wraps configurable

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Mon Jan 19 13:12:15 CET 2009

Hi.

On 19.01.2009 10:04 Benjamin Mack wrote:

> some remarks:
>
> 1. If I set config.disableBaseWrap, then I actually expect, that even if
> I set a tx_ttnews_pi1.baseWrap, that it doesn't render any of the
> baseWrap functionality. I think it should behave the same way as the
> config.disablePrefixComment = 1.

I am not 100% familiar with conventions about general/specific settings
in TYPO3 extension setup. Is there any rule, which setting should take
precedence?

Both solutions have benefits and drawbacks:
Global > local (yours) make it easy to remove wraps completely, but hard
to config some few exceptions.
Local > global (mine) make it easy to have exceptions, but hard to
remove wraps at all.

> 2. .baseWrap should be named .pi_baseWrap, as baseWrap could have been
> used for other options already in extensions. Also, there is a
> difference between a baseWrap and a baseStdWrap, I only expected
> baseWrap to be a wrap functionality, but this sounds like a complete
> .stdWrap functionality which could / should be put around the USER /
> USER_INT CObjects.

ATM the patch provides stdWrap functionality. pi_baseStdWrap seems to be
accurate.
Does pi_ serve as a reserved namespace?

> 3. tx_ttnews.pi1.pi_baseWrap = <div class="ABC">|</div> does not work
> right now, some functionality that I'd suspect of a wrap.

it's stdWrap, so you would have to use
tx_ttnews.pi1.pi_baseWrap.wrap = <div class="ABC">|</div>

> 4. We should document this, where do we put such information?

I have added the TSref part to the bugtracker. But extension developers
should also be informed about how to use pi_wrapInBaseClass.
Kickstarter could also be one place.

--
cheers,
Steffen