[TYPO3-core] Poll for 4.1.8

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Jan 14 11:47:19 CET 2009

Hi guys,

well, this is less a poll than an announcement.

Usually, we used to have regular polls only for the patch level versions
of the current stable branch (currently 4.2). However, Francois has
asked me if I, as the responsible release manager of the 4.1 branch,
could do regular polls (with less frequent intervals) for the old stable
branch as well. So we discussed that internally, and it seems like
nobody disagreed, so from now on we will poll for the release of patch
level versions of the old-stable branch in at least a quarterly interval
until a new minor version (like 4.3) is released, making that branch the
old-old-stable branch. For the old-old-stable branch (currently 4.0),
there are no regular patch level releases created at all any more; only
if there are very important fixes concerning security or the like there
will be one.

So for this very version, 4.1.8, we're already pretty decided that a
release seems due, as the attached list of changes again underlines.

But for the future, this will actually be a poll asking you whether you
agree whether another path level release of that branch should be released.

The release of 4.1.8 will likely happen at the same time as the 4.2.4,
which will probably be some time between Friday this week and Monday
next week.

cheers
Ingmar

--