[TYPO3-core] RFC: "Floppy" Icons

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sun Jan 18 16:26:56 CET 2009

Stefano Kowalke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if a look around on my desktop (Linux with KDE) every icon for save action
> is a 3,5" floppy disk. Its very common for this action.
> Its the only motivation for change, that floppy is out?

No. I do not have a "motivation for change" ... I just wanted to know what
your ideas and thoughts are about this topic.

Usually I do not bother with such questions - but right now I stumbled on
the necessarity to find a icon for "saving" - and knew that a floppy disc
is really common (if not say: standard) for this ...

but I was just curious what your opinions are about this. And I wonder if
in, lets say year 2084 or whatever, still "floppy discs" are a symbol for
"store data" ...

would be funny to have a flat-panel screen like in the machine room of
Star Trek, and seeing LaForge pressing some floppy icons ... just joking.
*rofl*

greets,
Bernhard
--
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit des Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871-1919