[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #10167: Backend not usable in Internet Explorer anymore

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 00:40:55 CET 2009

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10167

Branches: trunk

Problem:
In Internet Explorer 7 the TYPO3 Backend is not usable anymore due to
JavaScript errors. Clicking a module in the left navigation has no result.

This behaviour was introduced in Trunk rev. 4645 for issue 0009052

Solution:
Small JS fixes such as removing commas and assigning anonymous
Ajax.Request object creation.

Notes:
Please test the attached patch. It's quick and seems to make it work for
me. I still get some JS errors in IE about "Object required" on line
3777, but that may be unrelated. Relogin works, and module links can be
clicked again.

Christoph