[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #10105: Cannot Load Multiple RTEs via AJAX

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Jan 12 23:46:12 CET 2009

Hi Stan,

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>>
>> When using flexform with section (including RTE)
>> and i create new sections, RTE is loaded very fast, i can create many
>> many RTEs in seconds.
>
> I don't think so. In the case of flexforms, TCEforms takes a copy of the
> first element created as a template for the next of the same type to be
> created.
>
>> This also is done with AJAX, so my question: what is different?
>>

> But, IRRE does use AJAX and does not encounter this issue. This is
> because, with flexforms as well as with IRRE, the whole content is saved
> only once.
>
> In the new frontend editing, a content element may be saved without
> reloading the whole frame/page. But the RTE performs a lot of cleanup on
> save in order to avoid memory leakage, especially in IE.
>
> In the present case, cleanup was perhaps excessive, playing on the safe
> side...
>
> But, I think that with current trunk, I can create RTE-enabled IRRE
> children very quickly.

thanks for the explanation. I see the difference now. And i know there
is a difference between loading and saving. If save takes some time this
isn't a big problem. but i see a problem for long loading time, this was
the case with Jeff's new fe-edit.
I know that you do a great job here and i look forward for quick
creation :-)

vg Steffen