[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #10105: Cannot Load Multiple RTEs via AJAX

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Mon Jan 12 23:36:22 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

> When using flexform with section (including RTE)
> and i create new sections, RTE is loaded very fast, i can create many
> many RTEs in seconds.

I don't think so. In the case of flexforms, TCEforms takes a copy of the
first element created as a template for the next of the same type to be
created.

> This also is done with AJAX, so my question: what is different?

But, IRRE does use AJAX and does not encounter this issue. This is
because, with flexforms as well as with IRRE, the whole content is saved
only once.

In the new frontend editing, a content element may be saved without
reloading the whole frame/page. But the RTE performs a lot of cleanup on
save in order to avoid memory leakage, especially in IE.

In the present case, cleanup was perhaps excessive, playing on the safe
side...

But, I think that with current trunk, I can create RTE-enabled IRRE
children very quickly.

Regards,
Stan