[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #10097: Use native SoapClient implementation of PHP5 only

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 12 13:28:56 CET 2009

Hi!

Oliver Hader wrote:
> Which things? The em_soap was written to communicate with the TER for
> uploading extension releases...

As I wrote several times already: custom EM add ons can depend on this library in EM.

> I don't see this as a rush. It's a clean-up of code that is not
> required, since
> * TYPO3 requires PHP 5.2 that ships with a native SOAP implementation
> * the NuSOAP libarary and em_soap class were intended for being used in
> the extension manager only to upload extensions to TER
>
> It would be a difference if we had NuSOAP in /typo3/contrib/ to be used
> officially by extension authors. But since this is not the case, I see
> no conflicts in cleaning up the core and use the native SOAP
> implementation only. Furthermore most extensions get uploaded from a
> development server and the extension manager is only available for admins.

I become tired of explaining the same thing in this thread to every new person :(

Do whatever you like. Break it. In the end, even if something breaks, no one will die due to it. Someone will blame stupid core team but no one will die. It is not my job to convince people here to be responsible and careful.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.