[TYPO3-core] RFC #10092: Feature: Add a logging API for deprecated functions

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Jan 11 14:20:14 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

>> As for the directory: You meant something like
>> typo3conf/log/deprecation_4a32e452.log?
>>

> ah, now i got that there will be only one file, thought that there would
> be created more, i'm fine with typo3conf then.
> So why do we need the hash in filename?

Just to prevent everybody can read the file. It's a kind of "security"
feature. I'm not sure if you can gain much knowledge by reading the log,
but you never know.

> I tested, and instead of nitpicking i attached a patch using spaces for
> concatenation.
>
> Something is missing in written log, i get messages like:
>
> 11-01-09 13:49: t3lib_div::GPvarsince TYPO3 3.6 - Use t3lib_div::_GP
> instead (ALWAYS ...
> can you look at this again?

What is the complain? Do you get the triple dots in your log?

The log line starts with date/time (colon followed by the function name
(there should be a space here). Then comes the log message and a trace.

Masi