[TYPO3-core] #7123 : select wizard doesn't work in Safari

Ismaël Bidau bidau at ensci.com
Thu Jan 8 16:17:06 CET 2009

Hi,

I create a patch (my first one, so …) for this bug :

It's select wizard related :
When you do a choice in the select box, the value is transfered to the
input text but the value is lost when you click anywhere on the page.

The problem is Safari fire onchange event anytime the selection changes
after being focused. So when you change the selectedIndex from within
the onchange handler, it will have focus and hence fire again.

To workaround the problem, you can tell the dropdown to blur itself
before changing the index. This will prevent it from firing the onchange
again.

class.t3lib_tceforms.php, line 3717 :
Change
$sOnChange =
$assignValue.';this.selectedIndex=0;'.implode('',$fieldChangeFunc);
$sOnChange =
$assignValue.';this.blur();this.selectedIndex=0;'.implode('',$fieldChangeFunc);

My patch is not against trunk because I know tce_forms is changing a lot.
Hope this patch can be applied.

Ismaël Bidau