[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10043: removed deprecated functions

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Jan 2 10:35:31 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>> I think you forgot the part where it says that this decision naturally
>>> cannot come into effect for 4.3 as there would be nor forwarning for
>>> users and developers.
>>
>> Another part of the plan was to have a "deprecation log" and other means
>> to warn the users. I think we should start there and then go on to
>> remove stuff.
>>

> i'm fine with that. I can make a log of the deprecate markers.

Great. IMHO a simple file logger with a function in t3lib_div is enough
for the PHP API.

For TS stuff in the FE I'd use (additionally) the logging of the admin
panel. Any file logging must not use the same file as the API logging,
because they have different target audiences (developers <=> site admins).

> Two things i would like to have cleared now:
>
> 1) patch for openid should be done, core shouldn't use any function
> marked as derecated.

Right.

> 2) t3lib_div::GParrayMerged and $ICON_TYPES should be clearified why
> they are marked, i don't see a reason for.

I think that some wanted to drop the idea of alternative page icons.
Persoanlly I like the idea of "sysfolder contains <plugin>". The term
"plugin" in this context is not well chosen, but the principle is nice
(I also like the special folder icons for music folders on windows). See
it as a pledge to get the FE-use-folder icon back :)

Masi