[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0010410: Generation of encryption key does not work in IE7

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Mon Feb 16 20:39:40 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Müller schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bug
>
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10410
>
> Branches: 4-1, 4-2
>
> Problem:
> Generation of encryption key in install tool does not work in IE6/7. The
> Javascript which calls eID did not work.
>
> Solution:
> Remove unneccessary commas from JS in install.js, change include order
> of JS and move it to head section of document.
>
> Additional information:
> This issues has already been fixed for trunk. See #10212.

I can confirm, that your patch works an fixed the issue in IE7 and still
works in FF3. However, if I click on the "generate random key" button
twice in IE7 I get the same result - thus, I only get a new key once.
Maybe this is a caching issue on the AJAX request?

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 Release Manager 4.3