[TYPO3-core] RFC #9974: Use PHP built--in gzip/deflate compression in Frontend

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Mon Feb 16 12:26:09 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb am 16.02.2009 10:34 Uhr:
>> - the function typo3CompressionOutputHandler() should be moved to
>> class t3lib_div (and probably the "typo3" prefix can be dropped
>> then)
>
> Why? It is not used and cannot be used anywhere else.

why should we start placing functions in index_ts.php? I don't really
like adding the function to t3lib_div, but that's our
all-pupose-container ATM.

>> - there's no check whether the client requests gzip output encoding
>> (see lines 270ff in class.gzip_encode.php)
>
> This is not necessary because ob_gzhandler takes care of that in
> native code. It will be faster than any PHP detection code we can
> provide.

Sorry, didn't check the PHP docs on that.

>> Additionally the file t3lib/class.gzip_encode.php should be remove
>> as well when committing the patch.
>
> We can't do it in this version because it breaks compatibility. We
> can mark it is adeprecated and to be removed in 4.5.

I don't expect any extension to use it. And as you said in your initial
post: the class isn't really maintained by anyone. But stick to the
rules and keep it for the next three years - but mark it as deprecated then.

Regards
Thorsten

--

Thorsten Kahler