[TYPO3-core] RFC #9974: Use PHP built–in gzip/deflate compression in Frontend

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Feb 16 10:34:02 CET 2009

Hi!

Thorsten Kahler wrote:
> But I have two additions:
> - the function typo3CompressionOutputHandler() should be moved to class
> t3lib_div (and probably the "typo3" prefix can be dropped then)

Why? It is not used and cannot be used anywhere else.

> - there's no check whether the client requests gzip output encoding (see
> lines 270ff in class.gzip_encode.php)

This is not necessary because ob_gzhandler takes care of that in native code. It will be faster than any PHP detection code we can provide.

> Additionally the file t3lib/class.gzip_encode.php should be remove as
> well when committing the patch.

We can't do it in this version because it breaks compatibility. We can mark it is adeprecated and to be removed in 4.5.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team