[TYPO3-core] RFC #9745: Add INSTALL.txt to TYPO3 source package

Christopher Stelmaszyk christopher at temporaryforwarding.com
Fri Feb 13 11:55:10 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry!

"Dmitry Dulepov" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1234520344.17161.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Christopher Stelmaszyk wrote:
>> I have already done that!
>>
>> Dmitry, please use the file as I posted it as a basis for further
>> changes.
>> Alternativelly you can merge my changes to your version (but that might
>> be
>> quite some extra-work).
>
> I merged most of your changes. But some of them disagree with what I heard
> on the course. That cousr was UK English teacher. I left those changes
> out.

I know it is sometimes hard to judge oneself's performance, but I think my
English really is not that bad. ;-)

For me it would be interesting to know why you left out those changes. What
do you think is not correct of what a proposed there?

You really are the expert in writing the actual content, meaning WHAT to
say.
Like
- Which MySQL-version is preferred?
- Which modules in apache are needed? and so on.

But with the phrasing, meaning HOW to say it, maybe you let some others have
a look.
Just have a look at what Michael and Patrick already stated.

Would you have written the same, if those proposals came from Jeff? ;-)

Christopher