[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #9307: Remove an obsolete check for disable_exec_function in filelist

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Feb 11 16:28:31 CET 2009

Hi Christian,

> Ingo Renner wrote:
>>> committed this nobrainer to trunk and 4_, rev 4737
>>
>> you added an empty line at the end of the file, please fix that! (and
>> maybe fix your editor)
>
> No, the patch just added a newline character at the end of the last
> line. There is no empty line.

That _is_ the empty line! :-)

> Some TYPO3 source files miss the last newline, newline should always
> terminate all lines in textfiles, even the last line. My editor (vim)
> adds them automatically if missing. To show invisible characters in vim
> use ":set invlist".

Dmitrys CGL draft proposes to have nothing after the closing PHP tag. I
could not find any votes against this, so it seems for once that
everybody agreed on that part.

Anyway, I agree that editors should be fixed, but on the other hand, it
can also be automated in a way.

While working on CGL this morning (surprise, surprise!) I also created a
script that finds such cases and fixes them automatically.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out