[TYPO3-core] RFC #9745: Add INSTALL.txt to TYPO3 source package

Patrick Broens patrick at netcreators.com
Wed Feb 11 15:09:50 CET 2009

Ok, new text:

====================
On Linux, Unix, or Mac OS X systems create a symbolic
link named typo3_src pointing to the source package:
    ln -s /var/www/typo3_src-4.3.0 /var/www/example.com/typo3_src
On Vista or Windows 7 create a symbolic
link named typo3_src pointing to the source package:
    C:\mklink /D C:\<dir>\typo3_src-4.3.0 C:\<dir>\example.com\typo3_src
On NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows XP-64 with NTFS file system
it is possible to use junctions, instead of symbolic links with the
"junction" program by Marc Russinovich. The program can be obtained at:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx

The line about "junction" is necessarry, because on NT and 2000 you need
to buy a package to get the same functionality. "junction" does the
same, but is for free. And M$ supported

Patrick