[TYPO3-core] RFC #10371: Feature: Render tabs as ul-li-list in getDynTabMenu()

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Wed Feb 11 14:49:20 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry!

Thanks for your explanation. I now understand your concerns.

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> There is no any real example of how this change will improve anything. Therefore I see it as a "change because of the change". I really would like to see a practical example how this would improve something. Do you have such example? If no, why do we need this change?

My motivation for changing this is that it seems a bit weird if tabs are
wrapped although there is a lot of space to place them.

Before TYPO3 4.2 this was no real problem as the form width had nearly
the same fixed width as the tabs wrapping had.

Since TYPO3 4.2 the form has a dynamic width filling the whole screen
but the tabs are still wrapped like if there was a fixed width.

I encounter this problem in seminars where we have a lot of tabs using
the dividers2tabs feature for our records.

I don't care how this is fixed but I want this to be fixed as it bothers
me (and as far as I can tell there are some others who are bothered by
this, too). If there is a better solution to this than floats then this
will be fine with me.

I don't consider myself an Usability/HCI guru but in my opinion as a
TYPO3 user this is a usability issue which should be fixed.

Greets,

Niels