[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9439: New Element Wizard has no option for hiding Elements via pageTS

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Feb 6 13:04:37 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 06.02.2009 12:25:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> Steffen Kamper wrote: on 05.02.2009 18:14:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> committed to trunk, rev 4954
>>>
>>> Documentation was added on
>>> http://wiki.typo3.org/Pending_Documentation#doc_core_tsconfig
>>>
>>> Thanks to Bernhard, Benni and all the others with testing and coding.
>>
>> Your ChangeLog entry is:
>>
>> * Fixed bug #9439: New Element Wizard has no option for hiding Elements
>> via pageTS
>>
>> which is a bit of an understatement. This was only the bug that made the
>> you implement the new feature, but we now have a whole new CONCEPT
>> (feature, NEWS.txt-worthy stuff!!!). Please be more descriptive in the
>> ChangeLog so that the release manager (and press-release guys) have a
>> better notion of how big and nice this new feature (configurability of
>> new content element wizards!) really is.
>>
>> And also add that new feature to the "Backend" section of NEWS.txt.
>> Consider reviewing other important features that you might have
>> implemented to add it to this file. Better doing that sooner than
>> forgetting it later. ;)
>>

> how true. This one developed in another direction and leads to a
> complete rewrite of wizard render with a lot of benefit. I was unsure as
> i normally copy the BT title to the changelog, it looks strange to me to
> use a different title there.
> I will add more descriptives in future for such cases, i also prepare
> the section for NEWS.txt and give it to olly.

I don't see a requirement to have the same bug tracker title in the
ChangeLog. I usually adapt the text, so it has some "stand alone"
meaning for those who don't go to the bug tracker but just scan the
ChangeLog. The bug# is there, so one can look up what originally was
said about it.

Cheers,
Ernesto