[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9439: New Element Wizard has no option for hiding Elements via pageTS

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 6 12:25:58 CET 2009

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote: on 05.02.2009 18:14:
>> Hi,
>>
>> committed to trunk, rev 4954
>>
>> Documentation was added on
>> http://wiki.typo3.org/Pending_Documentation#doc_core_tsconfig
>>
>> Thanks to Bernhard, Benni and all the others with testing and coding.
>
> Your ChangeLog entry is:
>
> * Fixed bug #9439: New Element Wizard has no option for hiding Elements
> via pageTS
>
> which is a bit of an understatement. This was only the bug that made the
> you implement the new feature, but we now have a whole new CONCEPT
> (feature, NEWS.txt-worthy stuff!!!). Please be more descriptive in the
> ChangeLog so that the release manager (and press-release guys) have a
> better notion of how big and nice this new feature (configurability of
> new content element wizards!) really is.
>
> And also add that new feature to the "Backend" section of NEWS.txt.
> Consider reviewing other important features that you might have
> implemented to add it to this file. Better doing that sooner than
> forgetting it later. ;)

how true. This one developed in another direction and leads to a
complete rewrite of wizard render with a lot of benefit. I was unsure as
i normally copy the BT title to the changelog, it looks strange to me to
use a different title there.
I will add more descriptives in future for such cases, i also prepare
the section for NEWS.txt and give it to olly.

vg Steffen