[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10338: Feature: NewRecordWizard with grouping and sorting

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Feb 5 22:08:17 CET 2009

Hi Jeff,

first thanks for intensive testing.

Jeff Segars schrieb:

> * I'd be in favor of changing the "TYPO3" label to "System" or "System
> Records". It seems like that might have a little more meaning to the
> average backend user.

i'm open for suggestion, i'm neutral to both ;-)

> * My biggest concern with this patch is localization. Currently, the
> groupings for records are pulled from the extension title as defined in
> EM_CONF.  This means the title is not localized at all and will always
> appear in English, regardless of the backend language.  As an English
> speaker this doesn't bother me, but I suspect other people may not like
> it as much :) There's not a better way to pull this title right now so
> we need a new standard, but I'm wondering if we should get this standard
> defined sooner rather than later.

as there is no standard we could define one. nearly every extension
comes with locallang_db.xml (if it has records to create) so best would
be a standard label there:

<label index="extension.title">My Extension</label>

we can put it to kickstarter, so new updates could support the
translation for the title. What do you think?

> I think that's it for now....thanks for your work on this UI polish.  It
> really makes TYPO3 better!

thanks,

vg Steffen