[TYPO3-core] RFC #4911: Add an option to add alternative external URL or shortcut for other languages

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Feb 3 14:16:17 CET 2009

Francois Suter wrote:

Hi Francois,

thanks for your feedback and testing the patch!

> Indeed a separate function may be a good idea, as settingLanguage() is
> already quite long.

did that now, the only reason I didn't do this in the first place was
that this function is not really reusable as it can only be used from
that place...

> if (!empty($originalShortcutPageOverlay['shortcut']) &&
> $originalShortcutPageOverlay['shortcut'] != $this->id) {

thanks for spotting this issue, fixed.

> External URLs work fine.

yeah, that was the easy part ;)

> Lastly your patch includes a change in the pages table, changing the
> description field from an input field to a text field. While I agree
> that this is a good idea, I suppose it's not really part of this patch.

right, this is not really necessary for this issue. I just encountered
an inconsistency with that field between the other fields, other
doktypes or the pages_language_overly table - can't remember exactly
right now.
I committed this nobrainer as a FYI now.

attached is v2 of the patch according to your comments

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner