[TYPO3-core] RFC #4911: Add an option to add alternative external URL or shortcut for other languages

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Feb 2 17:42:51 CET 2009

Hi all,

This is a SVN patch request

Type: feature

Branches: trunk

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4911

Problem:
Currently it is not possible to have alternative targets for shortcuts
and external url page types in translations. This certainly is not a
killer feature but is needed quite often by users.

Solution:
* Add the fields in question to the pages_language_overlay table
* introduce doktypes for the translated pages as otherwise the newly
introduced fields would be shown for page types where they aren't
appropriate
* Add tabs to the "new" doktypes to make the appearance consistent with
untranslated pages

Notes:
Please especially check how I solved the way how translated shortcuts
are handled, I'm not completely sure here whether this is the cleanest
possible way and whether it is in the right place. I could also imagine
to maybe putting this into a separate function checkTranslatedShortcut()
or similar. There could also be some implications with other parts in
the core. However, the way it is solved in the patch worked in my tests.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner