[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10025: ImageMagick generates larger than necessary files

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Feb 2 09:27:34 CET 2009

Hi,

Franz Koch schrieb:
> Hi,
>> Solution:
>> use -strip to get rid of the profile information.
>
> I'm not sure if this is working with GraphicsMagick. As far as I
> remember the -strip argument is not available there - instead you have
> to use -profile=* or something like that. So it might be wise to make
> the argument itself configurable and not only turn it on or off.

it's available but not in all versions.
Common syntax for both is -profile '*'
There is also the possibility to use 2 strip-commands like
-profile "CMYK.icc" -profile "RGB.icc" so the strpos-check isn't good here.

So i did a new patch where you define the strip-command in install tool.
Default is empty string, but you can define any command you may use.

I think this is the most common solution.

vg Steffen