[TYPO3-core] RFC #12807: Bug: CSS issues with buttons (Recycler / File Mass Uploader)

Andreas Kundoch Andreas.Kundoch at mehrwert.de
Tue Dec 8 22:40:02 CET 2009

Am 08.12.09 20:46, schrieb Helmut Hummel:

>> * Buttons don't look like buttons, but like bold texts ;-) You did a
>> great job with all other buttons - can't uploader's buttons look like
>> the same?
>
> Right these Buttons should look like all other buttons in the backend. I
> think there is an error while using the css sprites, which needs to be
> fixed in favour of adjusting simply the text color.
>
> Unfortunately the extjs css skin is quite hard to understand, so I could
> not figure the problem out.

Indeed, the HTML source of Ext JS widgets is a mess using cascaded and
nested tables to build simple buttons ;-)

Anyway: This fix was meant as »last minute hotfix« to make the text
readable at least. I'm with you (and Steffen) that the Ext JS thingy has
to keep a consistent look-and-feel all over the backend. As I wrote in
the dev list it depends on some additional class names in the Ext JS
apps that we can apply the styles correctly.

We currently work on a cleanup for all this and collect the occurrences
(as well as requirements for added classes) in BE so we can ask the devs
for the classes and apply the styles without overhead.

I suggest to drop this RFC - in favour of a clean solution.

Regards,
Andreas