[TYPO3-core] FYI: Added feature #12930: htmlArea: Resizable RTE area

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Sat Dec 5 16:14:31 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

>> In wysiwyg mode, resizing the RTE will resize the underlying textarea
>> to the new size of the RTE editing area.
>> In text mode, resizing the underlying textarea will resize the RTE
>> editing area to the new size of the textarea.
>>

> Nice feature. Thanks.
>
> RTE now automatically resizes to window size when in BE full screen mode
> (having only RTE in the iframe).
> But resizing does not apply when in normal mode (BE with tabs and all
> other fields)

The feature is about resizing with mouse. If you want to automatically
resize on initial load you may need to use something like
RTE.default.RTEWidthOverride = 100%
RTE.default.RTEHeightOverride = 500px

> Also I cannot resize it by myself with the mouse. I see no resize mouse
> cursor.

1. After updating your installation, you need to clear the RTE cache and
the browser cache.
2. If you check "Make Textareas resizable" in User settings, you should
see a little handle at the south-east corner of the RTE, below the
status bar, as well as at the south-east corner of the textarea when in
text mode.

Stanislas