[TYPO3-core] RFC #12897: Cannot parse SQL hints

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Dec 3 14:19:56 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

> they don't occur. But you'll find them in any sql dump file. So this was
> only additional info that MySQL use them for special commands as it
> seemed not to be clear for some.
> May be someday we are able to import dump files as well?

Someday... :-)

I guess support for extended INSERT should then be tackled with too...

> Beside that - +1 by reading for your patch. Any hint how to test this?

Well, on a TYPO3 install with DBAL installed using native DB (=MySQL),
you may monitor queries issued to the DBMS and see that the hint is
there. When using another DBMS (such as PostgreSQL or Oracle), the hint
is not there anymore.

Basically, without the patch and DBAL active, you get a parsing error in
BE module of DBAL whenever you have RealURL active. Apply patch, error
is away.

However DBAL log still shows a parsing issue because the logger (when
activated) logs as an error a generated query that is not identical to
its input, and as we dropped the hint part, the query is not identical.
Query is however properly handled and sent to the DBMS.

--
Xavier Perseguers
DBAL Leader

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-dbal