[TYPO3-core] RFC #12897: Cannot parse SQL hints

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Dec 3 13:33:57 CET 2009

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> mysql use a lot of these commands. They are all written in comments
>> syntax to differ from other commands, and they are ignored by older
>> versions if they don't know the command.
>>
>> typical examples:
>>
>> /*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
>> /*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
>> /*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
>> /*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
>
> I know them, but could you please point me out where it occurs in Core
> or in extensions?

they don't occur. But you'll find them in any sql dump file. So this was
only additional info that MySQL use them for special commands as it
seemed not to be clear for some.
May be someday we are able to import dump files as well?

Beside that - +1 by reading for your patch. Any hint how to test this?

vg Steffen