[TYPO3-core] RFC #12644: Documentation: Create a version matrix

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Dec 1 16:34:52 CET 2009

Hi Oli,

Oliver Klee schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Oliver Klee schrieb:
>> This is a documentation request for the typo3.org website.
>
> <http://typo3.org/index.php?id=2419

Looks nice.

Although I think we should discuss the dates. Regarding 4.2, I think we
should aim for supporting it until 2010-12, which means one year after
the release of its successor.

Also, what do you think about pencilling-in TYPO3 4.4 as well, with
release date 31. May 2010 (expected), which would also means end of
maintenance of 4.3 would be 31. May 2011 (i.e. successor + 1 year).

I'd be fine with stopping normal bugfixing maintenance at a half year
after the release of the successor, but I think for security 1 year
would be good, especially given that TYPO3 is positioned rather towards
the enterprise market I think that would make sense.

> I've updated the page now:
> [...]
>
> Now that I think of it, do we actually need to provide a download of the
> dummy site? I think newcomers need dummy + source, and updaters need
> only the source. If nobody objects, I'll remove the dummy download links
> from the table.

Fine with me.

cheers
Ingmar