[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11825: Override FE labels with XML files

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Aug 31 19:23:47 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>>
>> If you do FE, FE-Extensions and Modules for BE, then well: you need to
>> read everything anyway. :)
>>
>> If you are just a "frontend integrator", meaning that you know
>> TypoScript, XHTML/CSS, Templates, and also a "very little" PHP so that
>> you can add some PHP code to localconf.php for example, there are just
>> some specific resources where one can look into, and for "localization"
>> the "Frontend Localization Guide" is certainly amongst those, which is
>> why I would love to see the reference to this new feature there also.
>>

> sure :) I know Christian will add this too, it's important to have such
> references (how nice would be a link).
> My concerns was more the general structure of the docs, as some of them
> have simular topics but different details.
>
> But this for sure need some time, and Francois does a very good job in
> the doc section, so no critic to the doc team, only suggestion for
> restructure.

Sure.

I for one like smaller and more specific information, and documents like
the "Frontend localization guide" is a nice example of that.

Splitting up "Inside the core" or "Core API" would also make them more
maintaineable.

For example we will now add a tiny part about the XLL feature to "Inside
the core", and the whole document will get a new version and "Last
update" status, so that one that comes to the document thinks everything
inside there is "up-to-date", while in fact most parts are still pretty old.

But this is another topic, for the doc team. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto