[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Aug 31 13:28:36 CEST 2009

Hi Olly,

> * in ext_tables.php the media types hook are always included - it's not
> required to do that for every request to TYPO3
> -> add the class name to the core_autoload, remove the include_once()
> and everything should work right it does now

tested and works, i moved it to core_autoload

> * class tx_cms_mediaItems should be a singleton since the class has no
> state at all

then the tx_cms_treelistCacheUpdate should be the same?
Implemented singleton.

> * in tslib_cObj there's the following
>   * @file_exists(PATH_site . $url) ? 'file' : 'url'
>     -> please avoid the "@" here
ok
>     -> however checking for an URL should be different (e.g. typolink)

i check for file, and when it's not a file it's an url.

>   * the mode is set from 'url' to 'file' when forcePlayer is set, why?

The reason is simple: Flash expects an url for the flashfile (when force
the player its the url of the player)
And for the player it expects a file (also as "url")
So when you configure an (external) url and use the player, the url
wents to the file param.

>   * the encapsulasion is missing, please define methods as public or
> prodected concerning on their disposal

added public to the functions

> Besides that the documentation should state the difference between the
> old MUTLIMEDIA and new MEDIA object or give a suggestion on how to use it.

the manual is uploaded in BT and linked on the Wiki page. i will make an
additional update text for the tsRef.

> Thanks in advance for taking care of the changes!

thx for your post-comments.

I committed the attached follow-up to trunk, rev 5853

vg Steffen