[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11438: Add a registry to t3lib

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Aug 31 13:23:08 CEST 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:

> 2) as the namespace + keyname are expected to be ASCII only, mark those
> columns as ASCII and MySQL will create the unique key with no problem:
>
> CREATE TABLE sys_registry (
>  entry_namespace varchar(128) CHARACTER SET ASCII DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>  entry_key varchar(255) CHARACTER SET ASCII DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>  UNIQUE KEY entry_identifier (entry_namespace,entry_key)
> );

I'd love to see this supported but AFAIK the SQL parsers doesn't
understand the CHARACTER SET definition. IMHO this would be great for
all ASCII fields as it decreases field and index size which should
improve overall system performance (as Mysql needs less RAM for internal
buffers).

> 2)
> pro: most clean solution, in my eyes.
> con: probably change required in our SQL-parsing engine (Install Tool)
> and also probably DBAL considerations (stripping this part for non-MySQL
> databases)

If we support only CHARACTER SET ASCII and no other charset its just a
Mysql hint/optimization that doesn't hurt other databases.

Masi