[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Aug 29 16:22:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

thx all for review and test!
So finally this is ready to go in.

So why is config.absRefPrefix needed?
Flash need a qulified url to play the file correct. This is mentioned in
the manual at very first place.

The manual still is in Bugtracker. i will add more hints / practical
tips and recommended formats, as video playback isn't trivial. There are
much containerformats with/without codecs that won't work out-of-a-box.

Where should the manual go? Own extension like doc_core_media?

What happen with the source of the flashplayer? We need a directory in
trunk where this can go in and which is excluded from releases. Remark:
the included flashplayer is a very basic one which plays most formats
including some options, but of course not as advanced like commercial
products as JWplayer etc. But you can use any player if you configure,
so there is no limitation.

I hope you enjoy the feature, and we get more and more expieriences and
room for enhancement while using it.

vg Steffen