[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sat Aug 29 15:15:52 CEST 2009

Hey,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> here is the final version. As the readFlexformIntoConf-Function already
> went to Extbase with small modification (removed dots from keynames) i
> used the same version in this patch.
>
> I reattached the needed files for typo3/contrib so you can test it right
> from here.

+1 on testing.

I've been running the element on two tiny production sites for two weeks
now.

Some remarks:
- config.absRefPrefix must be set, config.baseURL is not sufficient.

- mp4 containers with mp3 audio and h.264 video (export from final cut)
where fine for me, but .m4v with divx video not (because divx is not
streamable).
- mp3 was ok

- Neither Autoplay nor Loop work for me with final patch

All in all the element is a bit tricky and doesn't work out-of-the box
with just everything you feed to it. Only a small set of video files
will be played by default with the flash player. To ensure positive user
experience we need a bullet-proof manual for this, mentioning all
possible problems and preconditions.

Thanks for all your work
Christian