[TYPO3-core] RFC #11555: Feature: Scheduler

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Aug 28 22:20:24 CEST 2009

Hi all,

> Problem:
> It would be nice to have extension "gabriel" into the Core...
>
> Solution:
> Integrate it as sysext "scheduler" ;-)

That's it, the Scheduler is ready for a final review. Since the last
submission, a lot of work was done by both Ingo and me. In particular
today I did some heavy refactoring of the code. It is now far leaner and
cleaner. This extension has really now come a long way since Gabriel!

Some database fields have changed and so has the API, so you should - if
you have already tested the Scheduler - you should empty the
tx_scheduler_task table manually before moving on.

You can get the latest version for testing from the project's repository:

https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/GabrielIntegration/trunk/

(the latest revision is 1163)

There are still some open tasks in the Forge bug tracker, but most are
notes for future improvements and none are blocking.

There were already two core +1's for this RFC, but they can't be counted
anymore (or need to be confirmed), since the changes have been very
important in the meantime.

Happy scheduling!

--

Francois Suter