[TYPO3-core] RFC #11684: Add support for flash messages in the backend

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Aug 25 10:15:04 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

>> typo3/sysext/setup/mod/index.php:
>> There is an if-condition that starts like this: if (true || ....)
>> Seems like you didn't finish this one, did you?
>
> This is not part of the RFC, it's only part of the test patch to force
> that one message to appear. Othewrwise you'd probably never see it
> except when updating from EXT:csh_XX times to current l10n handling of
> backend language labels.

Alright, but since this is planned to be committed later, make sure to
fix it before.

>> @author tags in phpDoc headers:
>> I thought we agreed that this is a waste of space. As soon as someone
>> else changes a single character in the function, the information that
>> you were the only responsible author for this function becomes invalid.
>> For things like this we can rely on SVN blame which is always more
>> precise than a static information. Therefore, please remove those tags
>> from allover the code.
>
> I can not remove it from the methods taken from FLOW3 where Karsten is
> the original author, otherwise I'm fine with that of course.

Fine with me, but I also don't see the sense behind these notes even if
FLOW3 uses them. The information is only helpful if every function is
permanently updated whenever someone changes a single line inside. Maybe
that is the case? Otherwise, SVN blame is always easier to use.

- michael

--
Use a newsreader! Check out