[TYPO3-core] RFC #11366: DBAL: class.ux_t3lib_sqlparser.php and class.ux_t3lib_sqlengine.php are not synchronized anymore

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Aug 24 23:17:10 CEST 2009

Hi Mattes,

> Suggestion:
> Since Xavier seems to e one of the few actually dealing with DBAL and
> Oracle, could we make an exeption for his patches?

Just to give you a status about that: We're aware of the problem and
waiting for the solution.

In fact, DBAL will receive its own Forge project (well, it already
exists but uses the SVN repository of TYPO3core).

However, I need to wait for the responsible admin to fix this before we
can continue.

> I think most core devs simply won't be able to test these cases, and
> since Xavier will feel the fire if he introduces a bug to DBAL anyways I
> think this could help "unblocking" the road of DBAL.

Right. In future, the DBAL team can fix all stuff and make their own
releases, while the TYPO3core counterpart is just merged from time to
time and will only require a review of the code.

- michael

--
Use a newsreader! Check out