[TYPO3-core] RFC #11684: Add support for flash messages in the backend

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Aug 24 13:02:30 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

>> but as Xavier pointed out we'll need other ways to push/display these
>> messages which are not based on template.php
>
> Please see my answer to Xavier's post. IMO this is beyond the
> responsibility of the core team if he wants to do non-standard stuff.
> It'd be like Mercedes adding mounts for plane engines to their cars by
> default - just in case someone wants to add these things to his cars at
> some point in time...

But it's the responsibility of the core team to provide API for new
stuff. It does cost much (I hope) to make main methods public instead of
private as Francois suggested. This is typically a new feature that will
have to be dealt with by external modules.

But if you can prove me that sysext recycler will be able to show Flash
messages although it works without refreshing the page, then I'll agree
that the API you provided is OK and external modules are able too to
work with the Flash messages.

--
Xavier Perseguers
MVC ExtJS Leader