[TYPO3-core] RFC #11684: Add support for flash messages in the backend

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Aug 24 10:51:06 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann wrote:

Hi Rupi,

>> Please show me a working scenario where messages show up in both
>> frames, to me it's (technically) not possible. Now it's your turn to
>> proof me wrong. ;)
>
> no problem: I inserted a call to $this->doc->pushFlashMessage() in
> db_list.php and in alt_db_navframe.php. each call pushes one message in
> the be_user session.

could you provide a small patch to reproduce that, please?

> even if it requires complex testing, it's a no go to commit half working
> stuff to the core. there must be either a way to distinguish messages to
> decide in which module they should be rendered or the display of
> messages must be restricted to the list module only.

The later one might be easier to implement and test, but I'd like to
have typing too. Afterall it's needed to distinguish security messages
that must/should not disappear until the user takes action.
For now I'd like to keep things separated though and would like to
introduce typing with the reports module or error and exception handling.
There are more complex things to consider for the implementation of
typing, whether it should be a dedicated queue or a simple argument for
example, that needs to get evaluated.

> but as Xavier pointed out we'll need other ways to push/display these
> messages which are not based on template.php

Please see my answer to Xavier's post. IMO this is beyond the
responsibility of the core team if he wants to do non-standard stuff.
It'd be like Mercedes adding mounts for plane engines to their cars by
default - just in case someone wants to add these things to his cars at
some point in time...

all the best
Ingo

--