[TYPO3-core] RFC #11764: speed up list module by improving internal handling of localisations

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Aug 24 08:55:16 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11764
>
> Branches: Trunk
>
> Problem:
> The handling of translations in the list module (localization view) is
> inefficient.
> 2 SQL queries will be executed to find existing localisations and for
> showing the localisation panel. Both queries are basically the same,
> only the selected fields are changed. Additionally the list module
> instantiates a new object of class.t3lib_transl8tools for each record
> which is shown in the list.
> class t3lib_transl8tools is initiated in exactly the same way each time
> (no constructor or other changing vars)
>
> Solution:
> Make only one query to find localizations and re-use the result.
> initialize class transl8tools only once in function start() in
> class.db_list.inc and re-use it.

function translationInfo($table,$uid,$sys_language_uid=0, $row = NULL) {

Please be consistent with the spacing (I prefer space after comma, no
spaces around =, but check CGL). The doc comment for the new argument is
missing!

$this->translations = FALSE;

IIRC CGL require booleans in lower case.

Other than that the patch looks ok, so +1 by reading if you solve the
issues mentioned above.

Masi