[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11731: [Bugfix] ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file check in yellow box doesn't check the file age

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Aug 17 13:51:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

> True. Now by copying the removal code from typo3/install/index.php to
> typo3/init.php this would be considerated, so nothing would need to be
> changed in class.t3lib_befunc.php.
>
> What do you think?

I would try to be careful about adding new stuff to init.php. It is
already full of stuff which has to be differentiated depending on the
context it was included in (BE, CLI, AJAX calls) and - frankly - it has
grown to be a total mess over time. It is easy to forget that is called
by many scripts, including the install tool and the BE AJAX calls and
then have operations that are executed in the wrong context.

In this case, for example, it would mean that with every AJAX call in
the BE, the lifetime of the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file is checked for. Of
course, this can be avoided by wrapping that process in a if block, but
that's one additional test to perform.

I just wanted to stress that we need to be careful with typo3/init.php
and avoid just adding stuff to it indiscriminately.

Personally I don't find the current situation that confusing. The
install tool is supposed to be accessed only by admins anyway, so they
should know what's going on.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter