[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10017: [felogin] New Method for "forgotPassword"

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Aug 17 11:30:01 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Gebert schrieb:
> Hi Steffen and Xavier,
>
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:22:02 +0200, Xavier Perseguers
> <typo3 at perseguers.ch> wrote:
>> I had to create this (still) new version v8
>
> I just tested v8 of this patch (with plain-text passwords).
>
> (1) I had to select at least "1 level" for Recursive option - otherwise
> $this->spid would be empty. It took quite some time to find out, why the
> procedure didn't work... Didn't test TS configuration.

i can't reproduce that. Pidlist is always generated from piBase, also
without recursive setting.

> (2) Date format is hard-coded to Y-m-d H:i

fixed in the new v8

> (3) plugin.tx_felogin_pi1.feloginBaseURL: IMHO the "felogin" is redundant.

too late for change this, but it's only cosmetic.

> (4) If I set feloginBaseURL to e.g. http://www.example.com, no mails are
> sent and only login form appears. I see no reason for this confusing
> behavior.

same as in baseURL - don't forget the trailing slash. I tested it
successfully.

> If 1+2 are solved, I'm +1 by testing.
>
> Maybe in cases of 1 and 4 there could appear an error message instead of
> doing nothing.

i don't want to fix all stuff in one RFC, so after this one is accepted
i continue with the redirect.

vg Steffen