[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11731: [Bugfix] ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file check in yellow box doesn't check the file age

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Aug 17 09:00:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Problem:
> With RFC #11368 a new file age check was implemented by Michael Stucki.
> After one hour inactivity time using the install tool, the
> ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file will automatically be deleted by the system and
> you have to create this file if you want to use the install tool.
> The yellow box on the "About" module doesn't care about this new feature
> and will always show a message about the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file if it
> exists.
> In my eyes this is a little nobrainer.
>
> Solution:
> Add the file age check also to class.t3lib_befunc.php

But this is unrelated. The "About" module only checks for existence of
the file. If it exists, it displays the warning. If the
ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file is older than an hour, it will have been
deleted anyway, so the "About" module doesn't need to do an additional
check.

Or did I get your meaning wrong?

Cheers

--