[TYPO3-core] RFC #11651: Allow Extbase as framework for backend modules

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Aug 11 18:20:11 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

>> The version of ExtBase that is currently included via SVN:externals in
>> the TYPO3 Core Trunk does not have a BackendDispatcher...
>
> yes - the BE dispatcher will be committed today to extbase trunk. This
> patches was the precondition for integration (without the dispatcher
> doesn't work)

$ svn propget svn:externals typo3/sysext/
extbase -r844 https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/MVC/extbase/
fluid   -r844 https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/MVC/fluid/

That means, it does not make a difference if this is committed to
Extbase Trunk today or whenever soon. TYPO3 Trunk uses revision 844 at
the moment, and if that breaks, you cannot commit such code.

>> Besides that: Was this integration discussed with Jochen and/or
>> Sebastian. It's nice that it's possible, however it seems to me like a
>> quick integration.
>
> This is been discussed with Jochen, Sebastian and Bastian since some
> weeks. We all tested it with core patches and now we are able to
> integrate it so other can test it as well without applying core patches.

I would like to have a post-review of either Jochen or Sebastian.

> Beside that the trunk version of extbase needs an update as it's a quite
> old revision, don't know who does this.

Please get in touch with them for this.

- michael
--