[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11648: Feature: Add datepicker to date and datetime fields in TCEFORMS

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Aug 10 12:44:27 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner wrote:

Hi,

> I'm afraid I found another issue :) The datepicker only uses the initial
> value of the input field.

I can reproduce this.
But I think it's rather a minor hitch than a bug as it only happens when
you change the field manually and don't save the changes.
So, it would be great if it could be fixed, but you'll get my +1 anyways.

> It might also be a good idea to trigger the date picker not only through
> the icon, but also onfocus of the date field. What do you think?

I wouldn't really like that.. Focus the field in order to set the date
manually, hit the icon to open the calender - makes sense for me..

Bastian